YouTube can be a great source of educational videos to share with your students. I recently read a blog post in which Chris Brogan claimed that his kids go to YouTube to search before they go to Google. The chances are good that you have students who do the same. But for all of the good that can be found on YouTube there is an equal amount of distracting and or inappropriate content that schools want to filter out of search results. One solution is to block YouTube entirely. A better solution is to manage YouTube settings on your network.
G Suite administrators can apply the following settings for signed-in users.
- Strict Restricted YouTube access.
- Moderate Restricted YouTube access.
- Unrestricted YouTube access.
- The Harvest Moon Explained by NASA
- How to Collaborate to Create YouTube Playlists
- XtraMath Helps Teachers Help Students Learn Math in Multiple Languages